Our AI technology selects the best tradespeople for you in 10’’
average rating based on 90 customer reviews
Excellent tradesperson. Collaborative and helpful. I would definitely recommend him!For: Cross Technical Solutions
Very helpful and polite! He explained to me what was the exact problem I had with my refrigerator and immediately we fixed it. I will definitely prefer YourPro again.For: ABBEL Cold Rooms
Excellent tradesperson with excellent and polite behavior. He repaired my 25 year old refrigerator and now workes like its brand new. I highly recommend him.For: Amalgamated Refrigeration Ltd
Flawless service, courtesy, responsibility, speed and affordable pricesFor: Mulvey Refrigeration Technology
Consistent tradesperson. The refrigerator after the repair works fine and the noise is greatly reduced.For: Mulvey Refrigeration Technology
He is a good tradesperson and knows his job,he found the fault and the repair was made very fastFor: Mastercare Retailers Ltd.;
Gentle, fast, efficient, consistent with a very good price.For: Kenco Spares
Experienced and knowledgeable tradesperson!For: Fridgedoctor.ie
When you see your fridge is not working, there are several things that might be wrong. But before you worry about checking any of the individual fridge components, check that the power is on! No power, no refrigeration.
Yes. If your fridge stops working, all the food inside will start to deteriorate immediately – it doesn’t wait for business hours! YourPro will identify the fridge repair technician in your area who can get to you quickly to help solve your refrigeration issue.
Yes! YourPro works with a number of individuals and companies that provide their services to Dublin residents, but one thing they all have in common is that they are fast and reliable.
Not necessarily. All fridges make a little noise, especially when they are new. Even a loud cracking noise can sometimes be part of the normal operation of your fridge – this can be caused when ice builds up on the fridge’s internal components.
The sound of the motor running is normal, and the sound of gas circulating inside the pipes is also normal. If there is a sound of the pipework at the back of the fridge vibrating against the wall, try pulling the fridge slightly away from the wall. Other noises that appear out of the blue may indicate a problem. If you are in any doubt, feel free to call YourPro, and we will send a technician to check it out.
In this case, it is likely that the door is not fully closed, even if it seems to be closed. Check whether any items in the fridge are preventing the door from closing, and feel around the edge of the door to see if the seal fits closely against the edge of the door. If you can’t find any problem with the seal, YourPro will send a fridge technician to check it out and identify the issue.
Droplets of water on the undersides of the shelves directly above the salad compartment do not necessarily mean there’s a problem with your fridge. Vegetables naturally produce a high level of moisture, and if it can’t escape, it will condense on the shelf above. Try pulling the salad drawer slightly forward, or the glass shelf above it slightly back. This should be sufficient to allow a little air circulation, and prevent the condensation.
In almost all makes and models of fridge, there will be some kind of dial inside the fridge to adjust the temperature setting. If you find your food spoils even when it’s in the fridge, check to see whether you might have bumped or nudged the temperature control by accident when you were getting something out of the fridge. On the very warmest temperature setting, food probably will spoil, even if the fridge is working perfectly.
Also note that warm air rises, and cold air drops, so if you find that something on the top shelf is consistently going bad, try storing it on a lower shelf. It is normal for the temperature on the top shelf to be as much as 4° warmer than on the bottom shelf. If the temperature dial is correct, and food on all the shelves is spoiling, you’d better send for YourPro to check out the problem.
Again, your first step should be to check if you accidentally nudged the temperature control onto a higher setting. If not, check whether the milk is in the dairy compartment in the door of the fridge. Storing milk on the top shelf could obstruct the flow of cooled air around the fridge, and allow chilled air from the freezer compartment to freeze the milk.
Yes. Our technicians will check your fridge, advise you whether it can be repaired, and if so, how much it will cost.
Yes. YourPro has a large network of technicians around Dublin, and we will always find you the best fridge repair technician to do the job for the best price.
Yes. All the technicians we work with are experienced and reliable, and we guarantee you will be satisfied. See our website for reviews and ratings from our other satisfied customers.
Keeping your fridge in top condition can keep it going for about ten years, on average. Here are the most important things you can do to maximize the lifespan of your fridge:
1. Keep the condenser coils clean: The condenser coils are responsible for dispersing the heat from the motor. Because they are usually at the back of the fridge, or even underneath, it’s easy to overlook this vital component. But the build-up of dust and grime can prevent them from doing this job efficiently. If they are not doing their job efficiently, the compressor has to work harder to get the fridge’s temperature down. This is bad for your fridge, and can also be bad for your energy bill, as your fridge will use more energy to reach the correct temperature. If they get too dirty, your fridge could stop working completely!
2. Clean the seals around the door: The rubber seals around the inside of the fridge door are there to seal the interior off and keep the cold air inside. If bits of food or any dirt or grime get in between the seal and the door, that can allow cold air to escape, and warm air to get into your fridge. In that case, the motor will also have to work overtime to get your fridge down to the correct temperature.
3. Do not clutter up the top of the fridge: Although it is convenient to store frequently-used items on top of the fridge, this is probably a bad idea. Leaving anything on top of your fridge can make it harder for the fridge to get warm air out through the air vents. This may cause your fridge to consume more energy, or to work less efficiently.
1. Overloading your fridge: If you tend to stock up on groceries less often, and buy lots of food at a time, you could be damaging your fridge. Too much food in the fridge makes it more difficult for air to circulate freely; this, in turn, makes it more difficult for the fridge to get the temperature down. If this happens, the compressor and condenser coils might overheat as they strain to cool the fridge. In fact, the same also applies if you have too little food in the fridge: the cold items in the fridge help cool down the rest of the space, so if there are no cold bodies, the motor also has to work harder.
2. Putting warm or hot food straight into the fridge: If you put food straight into the fridge, before it’s had the chance to cool down, the temperature inside the fridge will increase. That is a bad thing, because it not only means the motor will have to work harder to bring the temperature down again, but other food in the fridge may get warm enough to get spoiled.
3. Putting the fridge too close to a wall: Again, this prevents your fridge from working correctly by means of disrupting the airflow. Without good airflow, your fridge may not be able to get warm air out, which means it will take too long to get down to the right temperature, and also that the motor will be under more strain.
If you have a built-in refrigerator, buying a new one straight away is seldom the right solution. This is because
With side-by-side fridges, it’s normally more economical to buy a new one if yours is five or more years old. After that, you normally find that so many things start going wrong with the fridge that it’s too expensive to fix all the faults. You might as well just buy a new fridge.
Our tradespeople are rated based on quality, reliability, and price.
Working hard from our base in Dublin 3, the team at Mastercare Retailers are always on hand for your refrigeration needs. No job …
Operating out of Dublin 6, the team here at Mulvey Refrigeration Technology look to provide fast efficient mobile refrigeration a…
Working from our HQ in Dublin 11, at Amalgamated Refrigeration we pride ourselves on high-quality, efficient, and professional re…
Tech Refrigeration is the brain child of Vincent and Jim Weldon, both of whom have been in business together for years and have a…
Welcome to Kenco Spares where we look to provide the best refridgeration engineering for you and your home. Our team of specialis…
Here at ABBEL Cold Rooms in Portmarnock Co.Dublin our team of refrigeration fitting and maintaining specialists are happy to help…
We are Cross Technical Solutions, and from Cookstown in Dublin 12, our team of refrigeration specialists are ready to provide you…
Here at the Fridge Doctor, we feel that the name says it all. We are a Repair and Maintenance Service for domestic fridges and fr…
Situated in Dublin 10, Servequip, in conjunction with a number of the world’s leading catering equipment manufacturers, are strat…
With over 30 years in the refrigeration game, the team here at Mulvey Refrigeration Technology look to provide fast and efficient…